1. Linguistic Intelligence: the capacity to use language to express what’s on your mind and to understand other people. Any kind of writer, orator, speaker, lawyer, or other person for whom language is an important stock in trade has great linguistic intelligence.
2. Logical/Mathematical Intelligence: the capacity to understand the underlying principles of some kind of causal system, the way a scientist or a logician does; or to manipulate numbers, quantities, and operations, the way a mathematician does.
3. Musical Rhythmic Intelligence: the capacity to think in music; to be able to hear patterns, recognize them, and perhaps manipulate them. People who have strong musical intelligence don’t just remember music easily, they can’t get it out of their minds, it’s so omnipresent.
4. Bodily/Kinesthetic Intelligence: the capacity to use your whole body or parts of your body (your hands, your fingers, your arms) to solve a problem, make something, or put on some kind of production. The most evident examples are people in athletics or the performing arts, particularly dancing or acting.
5. Spatial Intelligence: the ability to represent the spatial world internally in your mind — the way a sailor or airplane pilot navigates the large spatial world, or the way a chess player or sculptor represents a more circumscribed spatial world. Spatial intelligence can be used in the arts or in the sciences.
6. Naturalist Intelligence: the ability to discriminate among living things (plants, animals) and sensitivity to other features of the natural world (clouds, rock configurations). This ability was clearly of value in our evolutionary past as hunters, gatherers, and farmers; it continues to be central in such roles as botanist or chef.
7. Intrapersonal Intelligence: having an understanding of yourself; knowing who you are, what you can do, what you want to do, how you react to things, which things to avoid, and which things to gravitate toward. We are drawn to people who have a good understanding of themselves. They tend to know what they can and can’t do, and to know where to go if they need help.
8. Interpersonal Intelligence: the ability to understand other people. It’s an ability we all need, but is especially important for teachers, clinicians, salespersons, or politicians — anybody who deals with other people.
9. Existential Intelligence: the ability and proclivity to pose (and ponder) questions about life, death, and ultimate realities.
9 x a charm…or…a torture?!
What year are we in exactly?! Self fulfilling prophecies of exploitative and violent greed policies now give us local and global environments where the powerful are as fearful as the powerless. What a fine mess. Anyhoo, Justice will be taking a local bus ride in a couple weeks I hear…
LAPD go wild while streets are still wild in Fergusson:
BiPolar Optics wouldn’t you say?! What’s going on???
Economy of Consciousness: Another insanely articulate Icarus/Pan-like comedian speaks deep empathetic sense here.
Yup. What do we continue to learn from #RobinWilliams? To stay open to each other, to love each other, don’t overlook a thing. Depression must not be underestimated. It is too quietly determined a disease, and it will use whatever tools available to keep you to itself. And the world has given us too many tools to distract us from one another. We must stay awake and sensitive to each other.
Leader Paraphrase: ‘I’m not sure how long it’ll take, but I’ll be out at Martha’s…’
- Billions approved for development in #Africa. Yaayy - see, we care! Help them we must! ~Investors salivate at the #potential.
-The other black #powercouple in trouble??? But we SO need them to make it! We root for you #BeyandJay - y’all aiight. ~You define potential.
- Undefined, indefinite engagement of #Airstrikes paired with #FoodDrops position (the) #US again as the world’s leading #humanitarians, …unless #WE don’t like you, …then #NoSoupTanksForYou! Food helps, weapons …not so much…but, ~Sausage makers and weapons manufacturers salivate at the potential.
- What a week can do: a ‘historically’ massive African #health problem (years old) with no cure becomes an #international health #crisis. But before the petition succeeds in cries for aid, an experimental #vaccine several years old appears just after #Ebola enters the Western hemisphere, via #American sufferers. ~Pharmaceutical corps drool over the potential.
- You bet your ass #Lululemon should worry about Kate Hudson’s new sportswear line #Fabletics. No one wants to keep paying the equivalent of a 1 yr yoga membership for irregular spandex! ~Ohm the potential.
- #Video proof of a homicide is no longer (ocular) proof… especially if you were only just doing your job. Obviously! Sometimes #Justice takes the bus instead, while decision makers fly. Watch out for bricks! ~But, we should stay tuned for rider changes…there’s always potential.
- Big biz vs Big biz wars -even with ironically named players such as #Amazon taking a hatchet to #Hachette publishing - usually means the worker-bee population gets few pickings for their toils. Oooh how our new world of #democratic creative platforms made it cheaper to produce and consume, with the gates of possibility widened for us all. Exponentially! Right? ~ Well, it certainly increased our potential!
- If worldwide we are watching people fight for food, water, land, and self determination, then what might we expect of the growing refugee populations? Okay…that’s a question. Here’s another… ~Does the answer hold negative or positive potential?
- New #apps to warn us of “sketchy” neighborhoods may keep us safer, and/or may separate us by reinforcing negative #stereotypes of #minorities groups. ~But who knows, either way there’s so much potential.
-Finally!! Woot Woot! #DaftPunk releases the Remix that we’re #HumanAfterAll! Yes, when we live up to our potential!
Does anyone remember the movies #Outbreak? #AndTheBandPlayedOn? #WagtheDog?
~Restless Observations under the #Capricorn Summertime #SuperMoon
#ProHuman #AntiSuffering #ChangeNeeded #PeacefulProtestNeeded #PeaceNeeded #SpiritualRevolutionNeeded #WakefulnessNeeded